Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

June activities

Where did June go?  It flew right by!  Other than my husband having to travel over Father's Day and our birthday, it was a fun month.

Earlier in the month, some of the the moms in our ward and I took our kids to Belleview Park.

It is a public park in Englewood that has a petting zoo and train to ride.

Nathan loved petting the sheep.  They were busy eating and making appropriate animal eating noises, which Nathan found amusing.

"Sheep is silly," he is saying to a complete stranger standing nearby in this picture.

He was a little afraid of the calf, but eventually pet him after I demonstrated that it was harmless.

My sister Holly came to stay with us on Tuesday, the 22nd until her flight to Germany on Thursday, the 24th.  We had so much fun, walking 16th Street Mall and going to the Denver zoo.  However, when I was pulling pictures off my phone, I realized I only took one picture the entire time she was here.

Funnily enough, it wasn't even of her, it was of a peacock at the zoo!

Last weekend I hit a great fruit snack sale and Nathan got to experience his first "fruit by the foot."  It was a hit!

We had a couple of big rainstorms over the weekend also, and spotted a gorgeous rainbow from our back deck.

The pictures don't do it justice, I have never seen a rainbow with such vibrant colors!

Earlier this week I took Nathan and Hannah to a park near our house that has a splash park.  They loved it.

Hannah loves to crawl in the water.

So that was our June in pictures!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED Belleview Park! We need to do stuff like that together more this summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet pictures. The one of Hannah crawling in the water...I can see your resemblance! Nathan is sure a friendly little guy.

    (On a side note, this is probably judgmental of me, but it's sad seeing that Dad behind you on his cell phone when he is with his little boy at the park! For all I know he is calling his wife or it's a real quick call...but so many times I see moms or dads on phones when they are with their kids and it's like they aren't even together.)

    ReplyDelete