Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Happy Birthday, Hannah!


Our baby girl turned one yesterday.  Poor girl, she has a tooth that is taking awhile to poke through, so she had kind of a rough birthday.  It was a little strange celebrating her birthday just the four of us, as Nathan's birthday is near Thanksgiving and usually ends up being celebrated in Billings with lots of family, but we made the best of it.  Our generous families sent lots of gifts and birthday wishes, so here are some pictures and a video so they can see the fun we had.


Hannah's presents, much more exciting to Nathan than Hannah, of course.


 The birthday cupcakes, complete with the "1" candle.  Nathan was so excited by the sprinkles that he opened the container and spilled half of them before we even got out of the grocery store...









Here is a video of us singing happy birthday to Hannah.  Since it was just Jared and me singing (with a little yelling from Nathan for good measure), I'm not sure why she started crying.  I didn't think we sounded that bad!








Hmmm, maybe life isn't so terrible....


The very first thing she did was pull the top off the cupcake.  It's the best part, right?

I love how Jack is in the background, scouting for toxic chocolate cake crumbs.

At this point she was starting to enjoy herself, see how she is smiling behind the fistful of cake?

The happiness was short-lived, I'm afraid.  Off to the bathtub!

Nathan was more than willing to let us take pictures of him enjoying his cupcake.  I will spare you the pictures where he showed us his chocolate covered tongue.

She was much happier after her bath.











Opening presents:












She loves this purple puppy toy.  It talks and sings and says her name.


Poor Jared, he really was there, just behind the camera the whole time.  Here he is holding Jack, who is getting big, by the way!
At Nathan's first birthday, we announced that Hannah was on the way.  I have no news of that kind this time, which is fine because this "fur-baby" gets into enough trouble to keep me on my toes!
newborn
3 months
6 months
9 months


We love our daughter Hannah, and couldn't imagine our lives without her!  This next year should be exciting as she learns to walk and talk.  We are so blessed!
1 year

3 comments:

  1. What a fun birthday! Glad she had...fun! Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so beautiful!!! McKay and I would have loved to be there! I can't believe that she is already one. I still remember when you announced she was going to be born at Nathan's first birthday. I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I came back and read this post again today because you added lots of great pictures. And I got to see inside her gifts! That cry in the middle of her birthday song was a surprise. That's what I love about little girls...they don't keep their emotions to themselves :)

    ReplyDelete