Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

midnight potty trips and failed resolutions...

So toilet training is going well.  A little too well in fact.  While I am content for Nathan to simply be dry during the day and wear a pull-up at night, he has decided that he wants to be dry all the time.  This has caused toilet trips at ungodly hours, last night it was at 1 AM.  He is so cute that I can't be annoyed though, squinting in the bright bathroom light as he sits on his Elmo potty seat.  He asks funny questions too, points at all the parts of the shower wanting to know the names of the parts (faucet, curtain, etc) and at 1 AM this morning asked "Where Grandma is?"  Random.  I remember thinking to myself  "I have the cutest son in the world.... I hope I don't fall asleep here sitting on the edge of the tub..."

Confession: I have already failed in one of my New Year's Resolutions.  I have been working out closer to 2 times a week instead of 5.  My excuse?  Between midnight potty trips with Nathan and early morning (usually 5 AM) feedings with Hannah, I have found that if I don't get enough rest my milk supply suffers.  Since the only way to get a work out in and shower before the kids are up for the day is to get up around 6 AM, once again I am sacrificing my body for the nourishment of my children.  Sorry, Jared!  :-)

I am pleased to report that I HAVE actually been following through with a couple other resolutions: keep a cleaner house and have people over to dinner at least twice a month.  We have hosted two dinners at our house in the past couple of weeks and have invited another family to dinner this coming Friday, so that will make 3 times this month!  It is so much fun to entertain, and it has given me extra motivation to keep the house in tip-top shape. 


I can't blog without posting a picture, so here are my cute babies all ready for church a couple of weeks ago.  Aren't they darling?  :-)

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading this. Takes me back and reminds me how exhausting mothering can be when they are little. That thought you had while sitting on the edge of the bathtub about sums it all up. I think the "cute" helps us through the "tired".

    And having company for dinner 3xs in one month on your schedule?! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say that you are wonder woman! I really enjoyed your talk last week. I'm sure it's hard enough to get 2 kids to church on time with your husband out of town, but then to speak on top of that?! Like I said, Wonder Woman!

    ReplyDelete