Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

looking back

Hannah's hair is starting to get longer and has that soft baby wave.  Every time I look at it, I remember Nathan's baby hair.  At first it was just a few tufts here and there.  This picture (by Jana Graham) was taken when Nathan was 6 weeks old at Dan and Katie (Stott) Kirkpatrick's wedding.
This picture was taken at four months, and you can clearly see the strip on top of his head.

Although the bald spots filled in, by the time he was 9 months (Hannah's age) the strips were quite long

So eventually he ended up with a cute baby cut.

It just kept getting thicker and curlier though, and he started being mistaken for a girl.

That's when we decided to cut it short.

And suddenly my baby boy was all grown up.

4 comments:

  1. So now I have a better idea how long Dan and Katie have been married. I'll just measure that by how Nathan grows!

    Must have been hard taking off all that gorgeous wavy hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Jill, good point about Dan and Katie's marriage being as old as Nathan, let's just hope they aren't in the "terrible twos" like he is. :-)

    It was so hard to cut his hair, I kept going back and forth about it. It's a good thing Jared is less sentimental than I am or it never would have happened. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love his curly locks! How funny that people thought he was a girl. He was probably wearing all blue looking like a total BOY too! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Without a doubt the best picture of the lot is Jared cutting Nathan's hair. I've never considered using that particular hold when I cut my kids' hair, but I think I might try it. I guess 7th grade wrestling taught Jared a few tricks. :)

    ReplyDelete