Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Pikes Peak

A couple of weekends ago we took a spur-of-the moment weekend trip to Pikes Peak.  The summit is an elevation of 14,110 feet, and you can drive all the way up, it is a 36 mile round trip. 


We stopped at a lake about 6 miles up, it was so beautiful!




We brought Jack along, as always he was a great traveler!


The kids were asleep at the top of the mountain, so we hopped out of the car and quickly took some pictures of the two of us.





Then we drove back down just past the treeline and had a picnic.  It was a little windy and cool, but still fun!










As we were leaving the picnic area, a fox walked by our car!  It was the first time we had seen a fox in real life (besides perhaps at the zoo) so I had to take a picture.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! I think it's cool you guys did this the same weekend as the adventure McKay and I had climbing Mt Timp. I also think it's awesome you saw a fox!!!
    P.S. I am still waiting for a new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also! I just noticed when I posted that comment it says McKenna Heasley! I still get butterflies when I see that and its on my drivers license and everything...

    ReplyDelete