Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Hannah's 1 year check-up

Hannah went to the doctor today for her 1 year check-up.  She is in the 3rd percentile for weight, 10-25th range for height, and right about 50th for head circumference!  She was a little nervous at first (probably rightfully so, as she had to get shots at the end!) but Nathan reassured her, "It's okay, Baby."  She cried at the nurse taking the measurements, but by the time the doctor came in she was more relaxed.  She even said "Tickle tickle!" as the doctor checked her belly.  It was so cute.

The shots didn't seem to phase her this time, she cried when she got them but I didn't notice any crankiness or tenderness later.  The DTaP is the one that really seems to cause discomfort, and she didn't get it this time, thankfully.  I got the adult equivalent (Tdap) a couple of days after Hannah was born because pertussis was going around and they didn't want me to give it to her.  That shot knocked me out for a full day, not fun!  I have nothing but the deepest empathy for my children when they receive their vaccines since that experience.

1 comment:

  1. This was interesting to read because my DIL Amy took the twins in for their 15 mo check up this week...and Téa is in the 5% in weight. I think she is fine, she is just petite. Probably the same for Hannah. Interesting too about the pertussis booster you got. My dr tried to give me one last month but I said I would think about it. I didn't know adults would react to it, but I guess it makes sense that they would. That must have been hard to feel so bad with 2 little ones to care for. It's not like moms get a day off :(

    ReplyDelete