Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

The Wedding

Last week we traveled to Billings to attend Jared's sister McKenna's wedding.  She was married on Friday, May 28 to McKay Heasley, an event affectionately referred to by his family as the "McMarriage."  Here is a picture of McKenna and McKay taken last November when they were just dating.  Aren't they sweet?
McKenna and McKay were glowing after their beautiful temple sealing, but unfortunately I didn't get any pictures!  It was freezing and I was busy doing my best to keep my kids warm long enough for the photographer to get the group pictures.  What a bummer!  I'm pretty sure McKay's brothers from California were not impressed with the cold.

The reception was beautiful, and I did manage to get a few pictures there.

Kelly, my mother-in-law and mother of the bride, with her friend Elin Young who was amazing!  She was behind the scenes refilling the refreshment table.  She made many of the refreshments as well as darling matching socks for all the "flower girls" to wear.  I'm sure she did many more things, what a great friend!

Here is my sister Heidi and her boyfriend Chris at the reception.
The kids started getting antsy after awhile, especially the babies, which is when Mickey Pellanin, a dear friend of my in-laws, stepped in.  We just called him "The Baby Whisperer."  Besides Jared and myself, he was the only one who Hannah would let hold her.
At some point, Nathan started getting cranky.
So, being excellent parents, we let him run wild with our camera.  Here is just a sample of the shots we ended up with.
Apparently this is what the world looks like when you are 3 feet tall.



It was a great night, Jared's younger brother Matt and I did a couple of musical numbers and it was so fun to see so many wonderful people there to celebrate with McKay and McKenna.  Best wishes in your new life together, you two!  We love you.

5 comments:

  1. You sang with her brother?? See, I knew it....I knew you had a beautiful voice!!! Did anyone video your song? I would so love to see it.

    It was fun seeing all the pictures here...even the ones from Nathan's view. :) McKenna looks a lot like her mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so sweet. McKenna definitely looks a lot like Kelly, I agree.

    I played the piano and sang one song, and accompanied Matt while he sang a few. We had a duet to sing too but ran out of time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing all the photos. It looks like it was a beautiful wedding and a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather!!! These are the first pictures from the reception that we've seen!!! We love you guys and are so grateful you were there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Odd question from a stranger - I'm trying to track down a Mickey Pellanine, who served as a missionary in Kalamazoo Michigan in 1976 - baptized me, as a matter of fact - if this is your in-laws friend, could you pass on my message? If not, thanks anyway!

    ReplyDelete