Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

What We've Been Up To

So.... it's been awhile. I'm going to briefly catch you up on our lives via pictures.



In September, Nathan started preschool. Here he is on the first day of school.

It is a co-op that I am doing with a few of my friends. All the kids are almost three or barely three, so we are just introducing them to the alphabet. Each week a different mom teaches a letter and we meet twice a week for an hour and a half. I taught the letter C. We made crowns and ate carrots and cheese on one day.



We also read The Cat in the Hat and The Very Hungry Caterpillar.



Nathan likes to practice with his scissors.




We had a beautiful, warm fall, the kids were still in shorts and t-shirts well into October.






Finally it got warm and it was time to break out the Fall clothes. I love dressing my kids in cute clothes! Nathan is always happy to pose. Here he is in new pajamas.



Hannah has been opposed to having any pictures taken of her lately...




unless I am holding her.


Jared inside the Metropolitan Museum of Art
Jared and I spent several days in New York City, NY while my mom and my sister Holly stayed with the kids. We had a great time and the kids did really well without us! My only regret - not taking enough pictures! We only took two pictures, both when we went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

Me on the museum steps

Once again, Hannah was not happy to be included in the picture


Jared's sister McKenna and her husband McKay visited us Halloween weekend.



We had such a fun time with them. Nathan calls them Mac and BaKenna.



His favorite game was "falling on Mac."











We were sad to see them leave, but last weekend Jared's brother Daniel and his wife Katie visited us. We had such a great time walking around downtown Denver and making an AMAZING pork tenderloin for dinner on Saturday. Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures.




It finally got cold earlier this week and Nathan insisted I take a picture of him in his winter coat.



He's also been helping me with my latest project: a cooking blog! You can check it out at www.themenumama.blogspot.com. It's been a lot of fun so far!



Well, that's what we have been up to! We are looking forward to Nathan's 3rd birthday and the holiday season!


6 comments:

  1. I love the menu mama and will be checking it often! Isn't it so fun to take pictures of what you cook and share recipes? And it looks like you have some great recipes! I can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, your kids are so adorable! Nathan especially seems like he is a lot of fun.

    And I heard that the pork tenderloin really was incredible. I'd love to see that recipe on menu mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when you blog. Just so you know, I check your blog everyday to see what you guys are up to. Your kids are so cute.

    Your menu mama idea is great. I have been working really hard lately to save money on groceries. It's hard for me to plan and for me to restrain my self in the grocery store. I want to buy way too much. I really look forward to using your recipes. I'm kind of sad I already bought groceries for next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mac and BaKenna! That cracks me up. Den and I keep laughing about that. I hope to do a blog soon about the Mcs trip to your house and I will title it: Mac and BaKenna!

    What, you have a cooking blog and I'm just now finding out about it!? I actually just checked it out and I will be one of your most faithful viewers.

    Hannah looks just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had so much fun being there! I miss you Jared and the kids so bad! It's just too bad it was such a short trip. Tell Nathan BaKenna loves him :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics and it looks like you have had a very fun Fall. I am now a follower. Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for the congrats!

    ReplyDelete